Suren Das College,formerly known as Hajo Anchalik College, was established in 29-08-1979 with 42 students in the Pre-University Class with the permission from the University of Gauhati(GU). The people of Hajo with their physical and mental contributions started this premier institution of higher education for boys and girls in the S.B.S.K.R.H.S. School Building at Hajo.
And subsequently the Department of Economics of the Suren Das College established in the year 1983 with Degree Course(General) and from the year 1987, the Department of Economics has offered Degree Course(Major).
Programme/Course Offered by the Department:
- Three Year Degree Course(CBCS/ Semester System)
- HS(10+2) Course
Partipation of the Department in other Course:
- Environmental studies - T.D.C.(3rd and 4th Semester)
Vision of Economics Department:
To inculcate knowledge of economics among the students with a view to make them aware about the changing trend in the global economic scenario with special focus on Rural Economy.
Mision of Economics Department:
- To make the students acquainted with the basic tools and concepts so as to make them able to learn the present global economic scenario with special reference to Assam.
- To involve the students in different socio-economic problem of the state and to encourage them to find out the solutions through filed work/project work.
- To encourage the students to become economically self indepedent and to generate spirit of entrepreneuship amongst the students and alumni.